One-of-a-kind summer camp namely “Heroic Adventures”
July 8, 2019 - July 19, 2019
Sprouts is happy to collaborate with Markham Peoples Community Church and Markham Welsey Centre to organize our one-of-a-kind summer camp namely “Heroic Adventures” for kids aged 4 to 12. The camp leads kids to embark on an exploration/adventure in the realms of music, bible heroes, healthy food, growing, and nature. Sprouts is responsible for the activities related to healthy eating, growing and nature.
Sprouts is very proud to have a team of experts helping to design the activities and content. The expert team include:
(1) Registered Dietitians and nutritionists (Catherine Lin, Elisabeth Langford, Sara Ching),
(2) Registered Social Workers (Ping Chen, Kennes Lin)
(3) Teachers and educators (Dave Tran, Helen Poon)
(4) Communication specialist (Miriam Ku)
(5) Certified Autism Therapist, Haley Kurtz, who leads the development of the games and activities.
Adventures with Food:
- Games, activities and snacking with fruits & veggies
- Learn different food groups & healthy beverages
- and many more…
Adventures with Growing:
- Learn about and germinate seeds
- Grow herbs and salad veggies in recycle materials
- Bring home growing projects…
Featured by fun and vibrant activities, this camp helps to nourish the kids’ minds and bodies through teaching healthy food literacy and gardening skills. Kids light up when they experience our hands-on activities, workshops, events and growing projects. From gardening to healthy food to serene nature connections, our workshops engage students from Grade 1 to Grade 6.
We have parent sessions that include morning coffee, greet and chat with other parents/grandparents, workshops on healthy meals and snacks (delivered by Registered Dietitians), and parenting tips.
Grasp the chance ASAP as space is limited.
Please refer to the flyers and registration in the attached or call Markham Wesley Centre at 905-940-3688 for more information.
Download and Fill Out Registration Form: Heroic Adventures 2019 Registration Form